I opened a can of Progresso soup and poured it into my white ceramic soup mug with the handle. I warmed it for 3 minutes in the company microwave and sat at a community table with another co-worker to eat. I consumed about a fourth of the soup when I found myself crunch into something very hard with sharp edges. I thought it would be some hard greens or something! I spit it out into a white napkin, and discovered black or very dark brown wings (about a half inch long), one was still attached to the crunched body of an insect showing signs of the guts squishing out of all sides, and a noticeable antenna from the head. At first I tried to talk myself through it by telling myself that people in other countries actually eat bugs on purpose. Then I dug the can out of the trash and called the 1-800 # and made my formal complaint. The very nice lady took the serial numbers etc from the can and told me how sorry she was that this happened. She told me someone would contact me in about 3 weeks and probably offer me some product certificates, if I want them. After I hung up, I started feeling very queezy and ran into the restroom to rinse my mouth and yak up a few particles of my lunch. As I am writing this, I still feel the urge to yak. Trying to fight it! Good thing I have a bottle of mouthwash handy. I just don't think I will ever be able to eat canned soup again, from anywhere! I want to report this to the dept of health or the FDA but can;t seem to get a contact information on Google!
Oh,well! I better just move on!
Sick to my stomach,
Buffalo, NY 14206
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Food Quality
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "To Whom it may concern, I have been buying from my local Safeway since they opened up here in Kingman for many years. The staff is very nice, so I do..."
- "Not as good as it looks. Doesn't have flavor. ..."
- "(I wrote this to Panera a week ago and never received a response back from them) I love panera especially the asiago roast beef and the chicken soup. Today when..."
- "I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15 Just like most products, if..."
- "I just read the previous persons problems mine just started in November. CARID SCUMBAGS charged me $1618.00 for 2 hoods and 2 fenders. That i..."
- "I have never been to zoom tan however they used my debt card information and charged my checking account at least 3 times. They stated my previous tanning salon closed..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."