Plastic tubing found in Progresso Soup

I was eating a bowl of Progresso Tomato Totini soup and at the bottom of the bowl I found a piece of clear plastic tubing.I sent photos of the can, label, numbers and tubing to Progresso but they have not given me an answer about why the tubing was in the soup.

Where did it come from and what was it used for. I was sick all night with cramps and need to know why this was processed in the soup and if there was a chemical or medical item in the tube. I was asked to mail the tube but told them the photo should be enough evidence for them to investigat and find out how this got in the soup. I was told, "Well we don't work in the manufacturing plant so we don't know".

I told them to find someone who did and do a recall on this batch of soup and let me know what I was exposed too because tubes are used to dispense liquids so there is something in the batch.So far no response.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Foreign object

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Progresso Vegetable Classics Tomato Rotini Soup
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #766576

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Progresso? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 04 #1106612

They won't do anything. Good thing you didn't give them the plastic tube, they would have destroyed it and claimed you never mailed more than likely

0 1 Reply

Jan 24 #1100299

My husband just found a big piece of plastic in his clam chowder as well! GRRR Disgusting! I emailed the company. We'll see if they give a ***.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Progresso. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Progresso.
Filing a new complaint about