I have been a fan of Progresso Soups for many years, but am very disappointed with the Clam Chowder. The flavor is excellent, but where are the clams? It would be more correctly called "Clam Flavored Potato Soup". The first ingredient shown on the label is potatoes, which is to be expected since potatoes are the body of the soup, but it is called "Clam Chowder", so I once again ask, Where are the Clams?

Experimenting, by adding chopped canned clams to the soup may be an improvement. Well, there is just so much that can be said about Clam Chowder with virtually no clams.

I purchased a case thinking of serving it in hollowed bread shells. Adding fresh steamed clams would be the answer of course, but far to expensive for 10 to 12 guests - I will Progressively try to remedy the situation. If whomever reads these reviews can suggest an alternative, please feel free to let me know. Thank you, JMF

P.S. I am not "Pissed Off" just disappointed.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Progresso. The most disappointing about progresso traditional new england clam chowder soup from Progresso was virtually no clams , but reviewer liked excellent flavor. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Progresso.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Food Manufacturers category for more informed decision or compare Progresso to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Progresso?

Comments

bnwitt_22

Well I agree with this review except for one thing. The clam flavor is very weak not good. It tastes like potato soup into which someone momentarily dropped a clam.

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States #1267733

I too am very disappointed :( .. i can't find the clams!

to Clam lover #1267737

Just get a can of clams and put in the soup also try corn it makes it really good

Seattle, Washington, United States #1152556

I have to agree as I'm currently eating a bowl of this chowder and was thinking the same thing.Wondering what the weight to weight ratio is of clam to potato.

Maybe they just use clam juice.

I thought maybe they make a batch and dispense into the cans before sealing, but not practical, more like dump in clams then potatoes and then cream sauce and then seal can.;-)

to Phil Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States #1217030

9/22/16 NO Clams in my chowder!!